Our people are exceptional, empowered for success, dedicated to the cause and always deliver.
Join Our Team
Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
» Staffing Coordinator - Sporting KC- Children's Mercy Park (Kansas City, KS)
Born from performance and inspired by icons, Legends has created a legacy of success, delivery and results with the icons of global sports, entertainment and business. Our passion for delivering remarkable experiences, at every occasion, has enabled us to redefine the role of a service provider and set a new expectation within the industry.
Legends’ Mission is to supply our partners a best-in-class turnkey solution for their live entertainment venues through innovation and excellence. We are a different kind of company doing things a different way bringing new ideas and approaches to delight the fan built on a strong partnership with our clients. As a team’s service partner, Legends is responsible for the vast majority of the direct fan interactions - The Moments of Truth – when lifelong memories are created and experiences are defined.
For that reason, we believe in the honor of service, where no request is unreasonable and going the extra mile isn’t the exception, it’s the expectation.
Legends is currently seeking a General Manager of Hospitality to oversee the new Ford Amphitheater and restaurant located on the iconic Coney Island Boardwalk.
The General Manager is responsible for effectively and profitably managing and directing all day-to-day aspects of the venue’s operations including, but not limited to, concessions and premium services. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Upholding Legends’ standards for quality and performance in all phases of the food and beverage operations.
- Constantly innovating the guest experience – food, service, communications, etc. Balancing creativity with practical implementation.
- Managing the operational budget, monthly P&L statements, ensuring all financial reporting is accurate.
- Maintaining strong, collaborative working relationships with the client and business partners.
- Overseeing management team, including developing talent, promoting from within, coaching, and performance management.
- Developing yearly operational budgets that result in a fiscally sound operation – including product levels and pricing.
- Overseeing monthly inventory for all departments.
- Verifying, preparing and submitting reports/monthly projections as required.
- Working closely with multiple sub contractors to ensure all standards are met and terms of the contract are followed.
- Ensuring unit compliance with federal, state, local, and Legends regulations regarding sale of alcohol, OSHA, payroll, employment and EEO guidelines.
- Performing additional related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5-7 years management experience in the contract foodservice industry, preferably in for a sports and entertainment venue.
- Ideal candidates must have experience in high volume, foodservice accounts, preferably in concessions or premium services for a sports and/or entertainment venue, with experience overseeing the sale of alcohol.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Previous P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and POS Systems is required.
- Strong commitment to delivering a high level of customer and client service with demonstrated initiative, leadership, and management skills.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
Who We Are:
Legends is a company that prides itself on providing fans with an exceptional experience each and every time they visit your venue. The fans are our guests and our number one priority. Understanding this concept means that we listen to your fans, understand what they want and customize our service in a way that meets and exceeds their needs. We provide expertise and carefully honed customer service in multiple categories including food and beverage, merchandise, facilities management, design and consulting, hospitality and live entertainment. We are dedicated to delivering a legendary fan experience. Let us show you the success you can achieve with a company that is truly all about the fans.
Position Available: Staffing/NPO Coordinator
Direct and supervise activities of Non Profit Groups working concessions, coordinate the training. Staffing and day to day operations of the Non Profit Groups and Concessions in accordance with the company’s Customer Service Standards.
Recruit Non Profit Groups to work at Children’s Mercy Park
Track and Organize Non-Profit contracts
Schedule Non Profit Groups to ensure adequate staffing: supervise Non Profit Groups during events.
Keeping constant communication with groups.
Train Non Profit Group Members in company procedures including alcohol training and technical training.
Ensure that concessions stations are set up for each event day
Prepare bin and all necessary items for check in on Event days. Check in and check out group members and associates. Direct group members to locations and answer any necessary questions.
Enter payment for groups at the end of each game; ensure that groups are paid according to the contract.
Education & Experience
Minimum of 2 plus years’ experience in foodservice position strongly preferred.
Previous nonprofit work or experience a plus
Experienced with phone communication
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Excellent customer service skills
Basic math skills, ability to accurately account for cash and inventory
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong management and organizational skills, ability to direct the work activities of several
Highly motivated, ability to take initiative
Ability to work in fast paced environment
Frequent walking, throughout entire facility, for entire length of shift
Constant standing, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ